Monday, January 07, 2013

A quiet day

Not much to report, really, but I'm trying to get into the habit of blogging regularly, so I'll see what I can come up with!

We'll be out every other day this week, so today I decided that we should just potter around the house and keep things chilled. Daniel seemed happy with this; he's a very sociable little person usually, but I think he appreciated the slower pace today which meant I could pick him up for a cuddle whenever he needed it, and knowing that I would give him that attention if he asked for it meant that he actually needed it less. Must bear that in mind over the next few days and make sure I pace myself. 

Daniel's new-found skill in moving himself around the place has been well and truly put to the test today, which has a combined effect of making him much happier to entertain himself (thus leaving me able to do other things) while simultaneously requiring me to be much more alert to where he's going and what he's chewing! I suspect the novelty of this will soon wear off for me, but for now I'm just enjoying his achievements. He's been pulling himself up to standing now for a few weeks and has got very good at it, so today we took it to the next level and went for a walk. He held onto both my hands and we walked from the coffee table all the way across the sitting room into the hall (about 6-8m). He looked so pleased with himself! It took forever, and we had to stop to wave at the gas fire (no idea), investigate dh's didgeridoo, stare at the metal carpet cover strip in the doorway (it felt different on his bare feet) and just have a rest. Killed 20 minutes, anyway!  

Other than that, it was just various bits of housework interspersed with playing. We've found a new game to play with the stacking cups - put little ones under big ones. Apparently this is highly amusing. The funniest thing ever, though, is when he carefully removes everything from the coffee table and throws it on the floor, and then takes my slipper from the floor and puts it on the coffee table. This leads to uncontrollable giggles. *shrug* 

Tomorrow we have a potential two play dates (more for me than for him, as the babies in question are quite a lot younger) and a meeting at the University. Time for an early night, methinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home