Thursday, March 10, 2005

Going home!

I'm going home tomorrow (technically today, since it's 1am)! Term doesn't finish until the end of next week, but I've been struggling with a bad bout of M.E. for the last three or four weeks, so I'm finally giving up and heading back for a five-and-a-bit week break.

S is kicking himself for not taking me home at the weekend when he visited, but I needed to make the decision myself, and these things take a while to filter through my reasoning process at the moment! A major problem was that the internet connection at home is two floors above the living room. Since I rely on the internet to keep touch with the outside world (and to study) at the moment, and S's study isn't the tidiest or most welcoming of rooms to be in for an extended period of time, that would mean I was more cut off than I am here, where I can at least keep an eye on MSN Messenger and my email while doing other things. Of course, when I mentioned this to S over the phone, he gave me the verbal equivalent of a blank look and said "I could just get a really long cable and run it from the router to downstairs". Duh.

So thanks to S's brand new 50-foot cable, this time tomorrow I will be sleeping in a double bed that is actually comfortable...I will have my family less than half an hour down the road...I will be in a real house...I won't have to worry about getting to the shops to buy food, or about cooking if I don't feel up to it...laundry won't entail taking everything to a different building and paying £2.60 ($5)...I won't have to put up with flatmates who haven't encountered the concept of kitchen hygiene...there will be no more upstairs parties in the wee small hours to keep me awake...

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. I'M GOING HOME!!!! It's almost worth being ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home