Tuesday, May 17, 2005

HTML - scary stuff!

I find it interesting that although the internet plays such a huge role in our lives now, so many of us have very little clue as to how it’s all put together. Most people have realised the need for basic word processing skills, but there seems to be a lack of widespread general knowledge about simple programming and web design. Of course, I could just be showing my age – maybe kids in school these days do learn those things, and I just missed it by a couple of years.

This evening I made my first foray into the strange new (for me) world of HTML in order to add a links list to my blog. I have to admit that most of the credit needs to go to Gatsby, who patiently talked me through the process using ever smaller words until I finally caught on. He also has the dubious honour of being the person who got me hooked on blogging in the first place AND has a great blog of his own (here), so he definitely qualifies as Blogger Guru of the moment.

I’ll stop embarrassing him now…

1 Comments:

Blogger Gatsby said...

Thanks for the kind words. I really didn't have to go to too small words.
Brilliant blog on Israel/Uzbekistan etc...
Very thoughtful.

6:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home